Fan Experience Compliments Golf at The Honda Classic
PALM BEACH GARDENS, FL - When the best golfers in the world get together for the 2014 edition of The Honda Classic February 24-March 2, the action on the course will be as captivating as always. The Top eight-ranked players in the World have committed to The Honda - No. 1 Tiger Woods, No. 2 Adam Scott, No. 3 Henrik Stenson, No. 4 Phil Mickelson, No. 5 Justin Rose, No. 6 Rory McIlroy, No. 7 Zach Johnson, and No. 8 Sergio Garcia.
But at The Honda Classic, there also is a full line-up of things to do off the course. It is called the Fan Experience and it might be the best portfolio of complimentary entertainment in tournament golf.
The Michelob Ultra Terrace, home of the After Play Concert Series, will once again be the place to end the day after the final putt drops, projected to be at around 6 p.m.
Branford Marsalis, a three-time Grammy Award-winning saxophonist and Tony Award nominee composer, will perform live on Thursday night. Marsalis is one of the most revered instrumentalists of his time. While primarily known for his work in jazz as the leader of the Branford Marsalis Quartet, he also performs frequently as a featured soloist with such acclaimed orchestras as the Chicago, Detroit, Düsseldorf, and North Carolina Symphonies and the Boston Pops
Brooke Eden, featured on season 7 of American Idol, will perform on Friday night, bringing her fusion of country, rock and blue-eyed soul to the Michelob Ultra Terrace. Eden has opened for several national recording artists in her career.
The Horizons Band, featuring some of the top instrumental and vocal performers in South Florida, will perform on Saturday night. They combine great musicianship, superb vocals, and infectious audience participation to create a fun end to Family Day at The Honda.
On Friday and Saturday nights, the concerts will be enhanced by fireworks shows sponsored by Tire Kingdom at 7:30 p.m.
And then of course there are the plethora of hospitality offerings at The Bear Trap, one of the best spectator viewing spots in professional golf.
Here's the rundown:
- The Goslings Dark 'N Stormy Bear Trap area, which overlooks the 16th green and 17th tee and brings a sports bar atmosphere to The Bear Trap, will now be 20,000 square feet up from 14,000 square-feet last year and 8,000 square-feet in 2012. The space now not only wraps around the back of the 16th hole, but also now wraps totally around the 17th tee, filling the space where cart paths once existed. The continued expansion is being inspired by weekend sellouts. The extra space will allow The Bear Trap to accommodate 2000 spectators, up from 1,350 spectators in 2013. Upgraded food and beverage is available and plasma televisions provide coverage of the tournament. Tickets for the Goslings Dark 'N Stormy Bear Trap are $100. Party paks that include limited free drinks are also available.
- The Cobra / Puma will include the COBRA PUMA GOLF Experience, the perfect environment for spectators to take in all the golf action while having a little fun. Offering free admission for all ticket holders, dynamic views of golf, premium seating and a cash bar serving up specialty beverages, the CPG tent is the place for fans to visit at the Honda Classic throughout the week. The COBRA PUMA GOLF Merchandise Cube will house the latest gear which fans can check out while listening to music and enjoying specialty beverages. Spectators can purchase apparel, accessories and footwear, along with the brands new BiO CELL clubs. COBRA PUMA GOLF athletes will make surprise visits to the CPG cube throughout the week, to meet fans, sign autographs and pose for pictures.
- The Military Patriot's Outpost, title sponsored by United Technologies, Pratt & Whitney and Sikorsky, and presented by Wells Fargo, is doubling in size from 3,600 to 8,250 square feet. It will provide the reservists, dependents and veterans with covered seating, open sightlines to the action, as well as food and beverage. The Honda Classic again pays tribute to South Florida active duty military personnel, reservists, dependents and veterans with free admission throughout the PGA TOUR event. There are 115,000 veterans in Palm Beach County alone, the second largest amount of any county in Florida, which is why The Honda Classic decided to participate in a PGA TOUR outreach program to honor military personnel. The Reservists and Veterans must show a government-issued ID badge at the gate or get pre-qualified online at thehondaclassic.com using SheerID. For more information, call the tournament office at 561-799-4648.
- The RBC Wine Garden returns once again to the complex at the 17th hole, providing fans a place to sample wines from around the world while they watch the golf with covered seating and unobstructed sightlines. The Garden will again be a 3,700 square-foot hospitality area.
- In an effort to create new levels of public seating around the 17th hole, the FPL Pavilion now becomes the FPL Patio featuring over 200 new stadium style seats infront of the hospitality structures providing incredible views of the tee, green and PGA TOUR professionals as they walk through.
- Club Ketel One is a new public venue with 2,500 square feet of interior and exterior space, featuring wood floors and a climate controlled structure.
- Waterford Club is a shared 2,100 square-foot hospitality structure that offers full food and beverage service from its greenside perch at the 17th hole.
"It's all about creating a diverse fan experience," Honda Classic Executive Director Kenneth R. Kennerly said. "When people come out to The Honda Classic, we want to make sure we have a full day of activities for every member of the family. To accomplish that, you have to have diversity and that is what we try to deliver."
Grounds tickets, Bear Trap tickets and other hospitality tickets and packages for the 2014 Honda Classic are on sale at thehondaclassic.com or by calling 1-866-846-6328. Proceeds from The Honda Classic, an IMG-managed event, benefit Children's Healthcare Charity, which awarded a record $2.13 million to South Florida children's charities in 2013.